Did you know you can save your smile from bad breath? Well, it’s true and our staff here at Chelsea and Milford Family Dentistry in Chelsea, Michigan, is happy to help you do it! Keeping your smile healthy can include keeping your breath fresh and healthy too. That is why we have provided you with this basic information on halitosis and how to keep your smile fresh and clean.
The first question on treating halitosis, also known as bad breath, is how do you treat it? There are many different ways to treat halitosis, which include:
– Clean your tongue. Your tongue can store a lot of bacteria that creates your bad breath.
– Visit Dr. Napieralski, Dr. Wisniewski, and Dr. Shayota regularly. By keeping your semi-annual checkup with our dentists you could be correcting plaque, tartar, cavities, and other oral health care concerns.
– Quit smoking. If you rid yourself from this fatal habit, not only will you have better breath, but your overall health and quality of life will become better.
– Brush and floss your teeth daily. Having proper oral health habits is the key to having positive oral health.
– Use mouthwash daily. Mouthwash can kill bacteria in your smile that is causing the bad breath.
– Keep your saliva flowing. If you chew sugarless gum or eat foods like apples that require a lot of chewing, you are flushing out bad bacteria from your mouth and could help rid your mouth of bad breath.
There are several treatments to overcome bad breath. Restoring your oral health is important for your personal life and professional life. If you feel it’s time for a checkup, or still have questions about your halitosis, please call us as soon as possible at 734-475-8500 to set up an appointment. Our friendly staff is happy to help you in any way we can.